Practical Conservation Task Day - Wharram Quarry
Wharram, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 9TW
Join us for a day of meadow management at Wharram Quarry Nature Reserve. This fantastic patch of rich chalk grassland, typical of the wolds, provides an ideal habitat for many flowering plants, resulting in a thriving butterfly population. You may also be lucky enough to see a buzzard soaring around the area.
Contact: James Searle
Telephone: 07977 287012
Useful Information for Task Days
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates www.ywt.org.uk/volunteer.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.
Corporate partners wishing to arrange use of their corporate volunteering allowance should contact firstname.lastname@example.org