Practical Conservation Task Day - Brockadale
, Little Smeaton, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 3LJ
Join us for a day of practical conservation and reserve management tasks at Brockadale nature reserve, a rich mix of scarce limestone grassland, semi-ancient woodland, open crags, flood meadow and river habitat.
Tel: 01904 659570
Register to volunteer
We are registering new volunteers for task days at Brockadale. Before attending a task day, you need to complete the registration form below. Once we have received your registration form, we’ll be in touch about the next steps to get you started.
If you have any problems with the webform please contact us and we’ll be able to help you.
Practical task days at Brockadale are planned to take place on 21st April, 5th May and 19th May 2021
While we hope to get you volunteering as soon as possible due to demand and the added precautions in place due to Covid-19 you may not be able to get started quickly as you hope.
Useful Information for Task Days
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates www.ywt.org.uk/volunteer.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to complete the pre-registration process, Covid19 checklist, emergency contact details and any relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.
Corporate partners wishing to arrange use of their corporate volunteering allowance should contact firstname.lastname@example.org