Practical Conservation Task Day - Potteric Carr
, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN4 8DB
Join us for a day of practical conservation and reserve management tasks at the fantastic Potteric Carr Nature Reserve, a stretch of wetland habitat near Doncaster famed for wetland birds, including bitterns and marsh harriers. This is one of the largest reserves the trust manages, and the location of a visitor centre, with a network of paths requiring maintenance to ensure visitors continue to enjoy the site.
Contact: Mark Roberts
Telephone: 01302 365995
Useful Information for Task Days
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates www.ywt.org.uk/volunteer.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.
Corporate partners wishing to arrange use of their corporate volunteering allowance should contact firstname.lastname@example.org