Practical Conservation Task Day - Dearne Valley Reserves
Join us for a day of practical conservation and reserve management tasks in the nature reserves of the Dearne Valley, near Barnsley. One of 12 nature improvement areas designated by DEFRA in 2012, this former industrial land has become known for it's rare and unique wildlife.
Contact: Sophie Pinder
Telephone: 07896 674808
Useful Information for Task Days
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates www.ywt.org.uk/volunteer.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.
Corporate partners wishing to arrange use of their corporate volunteering allowance should contact firstname.lastname@example.org