Practical Conservation Task Day- Barnsley
Join us for a day of practical conservation and reserve management tasks at our suite of sites in Barnsley. There’s always plenty to do whatever the season; mowing, raking, woodland management to name a few. There are 8 different sites which the Trust manages in Barnsley with a mixture of habitats including lovely wildflower meadows, woodland and paths that need to be maintained for the public. Volunteers rotate around these sites with a different location for task days every week.
Leader: Sophie Pinder
Useful information for Task Days
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates www.ywt.org.uk/volunteer.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.
Please visit www.ywt.org.uk/reserves for maps and directions to sites.