Come on the journey with us!
The Youth in Nature Project (YiN) is enabling young people aged 11 - 24 through youth groups and partnership work with schools from the Hull area to engage with wildlife and the environment; helping them to inspire people and enable conservation within their communities, as well as supporting them in gaining new skills relevant to finding jobs. There are opportunities to attend training, volunteer and start entrepreneurial projects that contribute to the green economy in Hull.
- We inform - roadshows; school visits; youth club activities; hostel visits; peer to peer
- We engage - attend local youth clubs where YiN is based; attend YiN clubs; attend school holiday activities
- We travel - visit local and more distant destinations to widen horizons and enjoyment of wildlife
- We are active citizens - young people can chose to be involved with improving sites, campaigning and involving local communities
- We train - informal and formal qualifications such as Duke of Edinburgh, Hull City Council Youth Awards, and ASDAN
- We deliver life skills for employability - team building, communication, resilience.
To find out more and ask any questions please contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org (Wildlife Coordinator).
Our Bright Future is supporting Youth in Nature - a five year project led by Probe and supported by Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, Child Dynamix and Environmental Management Solutions.
Why and how
Following the 2015 Paris climate change agreement, the UK's Big Lottery Fund through Our Bright Future invested £33 million in more than 30 organisations nationwide to inspire and develop the next generation of environmental leaders.
Thirty one youth-led projects across the UK are each receiving around £1m of funding to give young people the skills and knowledge to improve their local environments – from reducing marine pollution to minimising food waste. In doing so, young people will develop the confidence and resilience to become environmental leaders and influence decisions at local and national levels. This young, ambitious and capable movement will ensure this generation’s voice is heard in the current debates around environmental improvements and a resource-efficient economy.