Wild Ingleborough - Tree Planting
About the event
Did you know that there is just 4% tree cover in the Yorkshire Dales?
Establishing trees in more places is key to the exciting Wild Ingleborough Project. In many areas we will be kick-starting their recovery by planting thousands of new trees. These trees, once established will benefit wildlife and people.
Join us of any of these FREE tree planting sessions.
We will be meeting in the Ribblehead area but exact details will be emailed out ahead of the day.
The mountain the terrain can be steep whilst the weather is changeable but if you're up for a challenge then we'd be pleased to have you along.
There are no toilets or facilities on site.
There may be a 30 - 60 minute walk to site from the meeting point.
All tools, equipment and training are provided.
Bring suitable clothing, footwear and as much food/drink as you'll need.
Places are limited so book your place now.
Suitable forFamilies, Adults, Beginners
Know before you go
Please be aware that there will be between a 30-60 minute walk uphill to the work site, some of which may across uneven terrain. The work itself will involve carrying tree saplings, tree guards and tools and using spades for planting and hammering in stakes for tree guards. This will be on sloping ground, close to small streams and on uneven, tussocky and sometimes wet ground.
What to bring
• Layers of warm outdoor clothing that you don’t mind getting muddy or torn.
• Waterproof layers which can also be used as a windproof layer. Working on the side of a mountain can be very exposed and the weather conditions can often be different to the weather forecast.
• Sturdy boots or wellingtons for rough or wet ground.
• Plenty of food and water for the day, there is no shop nearby.
• Tools, gloves and training will be provided by the team on the day.
There are no toilet facilities on site.