The Living Seas Centre
A visit to the Living Seas Centre is a must for all those wanting to learn more about the rich and varied marine wildlife found off the Yorkshire Coast.
Find out more about the work of the Living Seas team. Enter our bubble booth to discover more about our current campaigns and projects.
Learn about the fantastic marine wildlife we have off the Yorkshire coast. Watch locally shot underwater video and marvel at stunning photographs of North Sea creatures and habitats.
Join us for an exciting Living Seas event
Our exciting events programme include activities such as Seashore Safaris, Beach Cleans and Living Seas Safaris alongside much more.
Visit even on a rainy day
We have a magic floor your children will love as they play with projected fish! Relax with a cuppa while they have a go at marine themed arts and crafts, take a closer look at marine life through our microscopes or test their knowledge with a quiz.
The Living Seas Centre is Yorkshire Wildlife Trust’s new marine education centre located at South Landing, Flamborough.
On a visit to the Living Seas Centre you will find a wealth of information about our fascinating local marine life and learn more about the Trust’s vision for Living Seas. Discover the weird and wonderful creatures to be found hidden below the waves, learn how the upwelling of the Flamborough Front supports such a huge variety of life, watch locally shot video of undersea kelp forests and chalk reefs, embark on a Storyboard Trail and find out how we can all do our bit for marine wildlife.
Exciting events are run from the centre year-round, so why not join us for a Seashore Safari, come along for an evening talk, create a marine-themed masterpiece or learn loads about lobsters! With all this on offer, the Living Seas Centre is a great place for young and old alike.
At the Living Seas Centre you can:
- Discover more about our marine wildlife via our fixed interpretation and large screen showing locally shot underwater footage and stunning marine life images.
- Create some underwater arts and crafts or do some colouring in.
- Learn everything there is to know about lobsters and crabs via our unique art installation ‘Encrustation’.
- Take part in one of our varied events that run year round. Full details here.
- Find out more about the Yorkshire Nature Triangle and find out where else to go to experience East Yorkshire’s fantastic local wildlife.
- Play on the interactive floor and immerse yourself in our bubble booth.
- Take a look at beach treasures through our microscopes and root through our discovery drawers.
- Get up-to-date wildlife sightings thanks to our friends at Yorkshire Coast Nature, Birding Frontiers and the Flamborough Bird Observatory.
- Find out more about the work of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and join as a member.
- Grab yourself a drink, snack or ice cream and relax on our veranda.
If you would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us on 01262 422103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The building of the Living Seas Centre could not have been possible without the support of the following Funders:
Our work at the Living Seas Centre continues thanks to the following Funders: