Invitation to become a Trustee of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
For further information about the role of Trustee, or to arrange an informal conversation with either the Chief Executive or one of the trustees, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Email Cathy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to build a diverse and inclusive Board of Trustees, who reflect our Yorkshire communities and supporters. If you'd like to use your skills and experience to help us protect, restore and enhance Yorkshire's wildlife and wild places, we'd love to hear from you!
About Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
We are a charity dedicated to conserving, protecting and enhancing Yorkshire's wildlife and wild places.
Our vision is for a Yorkshire that is abundant in wildlife, with more people having a genuine and meaningful connection with nature. We work to create and care for living landscapes and seas that are connected together, rich with diverse wildlife and protected from harm. We work with people all over Yorkshire, from schools and communities to landowners and volunteers, to champion the value of nature, and inspire people and communities to care for wildlife.
We were established as a charity in 1946, and are part of The Wildlife Trusts movement. We look after over 100 nature reserves right across Yorkshire, and are involved in hundreds of other conservation-related projects.
About the role
The only requirements for applicants are enthusiasm and commitment to work with a team of others for the benefit of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and our objectives.
To help us develop a Board with diverse and relevant experiences and skill sets, we would particularly welcome:
- People with experience in professional sectors who could help to support the Trust’s governance, and who may be interested in holding roles such as Secretary, Treasurer or Chair in future.
- People from all backgrounds and with experience with or within Yorkshire’s diverse communities, who are interested in helping to bring together community activities and caring for nature.
- People who have expertise and/or experience in managing the environment and improving outcomes for wildlife.
- People who have experience of natural resource dependant sectors of the economy who would like to see better outcomes for wildlife.
You'll share our vision of a Yorkshire rich in wildlife and wild places and will work with us to help make this a reality.
As a member of our Board of Trustees you'll be part of the strategic leadership of the Trust, helping us achieve our vision and objectives, and ensuring that we fulfil our charitable purpose, mission and values.
How to apply
To apply for the role, please complete and send the following documents to email@example.com.
- Trustee Application Pack, Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and Privacy Notice (attached below).
- A CV of no more than three A4 pages with two referees included
- A covering letter including a personal statement (maximum 250 words). The personal statement should detail how you meet the areas of expertise detailed in the Trustee Application Pack, the skills you are able to offer, and/or why you would like to become a Trustee.
Closing date: 9am Monday 28 September 2020
We look forward to hearing from you!